Participants at CANWin’s 20 November workshop, A Clean Energy Future for Wingecarribee, wanted more than interesting, or even challenging, talk. The focus was on what we can do. This post is your invitation to join one of the working groups that are forming in response. Just scroll down to the heading, Clean Energy Working Group Participation .
The four featured speakers gave an eye-opening overview of the urgency, options, challenges and successes of clean energy generation in regional Australia. You can find this exciting story in the Workshop Proceedings, which are now available for download (PDF 3Mb).
Workshop participants identified five initial tasks, which will each be tackled by one of the working groups that are now forming. The groups and their initial terms of reference are:
- Renewable Energy
- Investigate and evaluate the technical feasibility of the various renewable energy options identified at the workshop.
- Energy Efficiency/Saving
- Evaluate the performance and track record of various energy efficiency appliances/technologies and materials that are currently available in the marketplace.
- Bulk Buying Potential
- Make a cost-benefit analysis of the potential for an economically sustainable, community, bulk-buying enterprise.
- Information Hub
- Provide the CANWin website Editor/Moderator with clean energy information and case histories that would advance the aim of a ‘Clean Energy Future for Wingecarribee’.
- Community Engagement
- Describe/outline the various clean energy options identified at the Workshop to local Community, Business and Council, and find out which each sector would support. Further, to establish a means for the local community to become aware of, and react to, opportunities to save energy and be more efficient with use of its energy supplies
It is expected that the groups will refine their Terms of Reference in their first meetings.
To register your interest, please fill in and send the form below. We look forward to working with you.
Clean Energy Working Group Participation
[contact-form-7 id=”2622″ title=”Working Group Participation”]